Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I wouldn't change it for the world....

In my earlier post I mentioned that I have been married twice.  Not something I am proud of and I will not get into to great of detail about that..just enough to get this point across.

My first marriage lasted all of 4 years and I was so happy when it was over.  Through husband #1 I met the wife of his martial arts instructor.  This lady is incredible and has been there for me non-stop for 10 years.  She is funny, protective, beautiful, intelligent AND one of my very best friends in the entire world.  For 2 women who didn't really like each other upon first meeting we have become inseparable.

To shortly after my divorce I decided to fall in love and do it all over again...I know, I know...but you can ask some of my life long friends...they really tried to stop me! I wouldn't have it though.  While I was in love my marriage was never happy and based on a lot of lies, deceit and horrible outside influence.  This time I was the wife of a guardsman who deployed to Iraq within a year of marrying.  I began chatting with other military wives online and I met WhiskeyDawl(hope I got that right), she is states away and we have NEVER met face to face but have always been there for support, e-mails and late night chats.  She understands a lot of what I have been through and is very caring and supportive.  Last but not least, there is the girl with the infectious smile who's hubby was deployed with mine.  She is beautiful, smart, and funny!  Not only were our husbands deployed together but we also went through the big D at the same time shortly after the men returned home. Two years later I moved to the same city as her and she has been here for me through it all.

Now to my point... This weekend friend number 3 married for the second time.  During the reception I was hit with a thought that, like a light bub came on and so many things were lifted off my shoulders.  What was this thought you ask?

Those marriages were horrible and I wouldn't want to go through anything like that again BUT I really need to quit complaining about them.  During the course of these marriages I met 3 beautiful ladies who have been there for me more times than I can count.  I love them all so much, they were there through these men and they stuck around afterward, what more could a girl ask for?  I would not change a thing or take anything back if it meant that I wouldn't have these wonderful people in my life.

Thank you ladies!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment